Happy Valentines Day


I am lucky enough to teach some great 5 yr old children at church. They wiggle and love to talk and by the time I get home it is nap time. They are so sweet and love to tell stories and look forward to treats. I promised them a special treat this Sunday for Valentines day. I saw these in a recipe blog about a month ago and planned on making them for my class. I bought all the ingredients and hid them up in my room until last night. After getting home from moms house about 10 pm this is what David and I put together. The kids were so excited and it was great bribery to get them to listen today. Our kids even got some after dinner.
This year Mike and I decided not to do gifts. After blowing a tire last week we had new tires put on the car, put on brakes and once again fixed the bumper. (not helping my case with what a great driver I am). The one thing that I wanted was to go golfing together. We haven't been for about 5 months and I am definitely missing it. When we walked in the door from church there were roses, a card, the Sunday paper and toothbrushes! What a man! This is the first time Mike has got me a card....EVER! It was wonderful and so unexpected. (that made it even better) Then we made the kids red pancakes with biscuits and gravy for lunch. After finally it was nap time! Day went wonderful and couldn't have been better. Even though yesterday I was longing for a vacation since we spent last V day in Florida getting ready for our cruise. Wouldn't trade today for Florida!

I stole this saying from a friends blog but love it and think everyone should see it!

"I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you."

2 comments:

  1. I can't decide which looks better -- the treats or the flowers! :) Either would make me happy! Sounds like you had a pretty near perfect Valentine's Day. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve every good thing in life Dani!! I'm so happy that you two found each other and defined the true meaning of love!!
    You're amazing and I ♥♥ you tons!

    ReplyDelete

ROAD TRIP July 2009

Halloween 2009

Found an old picture of the kids in 2003. Thought it would be a fun way to see how much they've grown. Pretty soon I'll be lucky if they'll take a picture for me! 3 out of 5 pumpkins made it to the porch! David carved way too much and it sort of fell apart. (why it is on his head) Haley tripped on the front porch and the pumpkin flew to its end. While comforting Haley something happened to Reid's pumpkin and it ended up in 2 peices. We're just happy we got to carve pumpkins this year!

Disneyland 11/08

daisy path

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

map

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger