Hectic day leads to a day off

Last Thursday was one of our eventful nights. I had my monthly bunko date and we got an email that the "middle kids" had a bad concert date change. Guess which night? Yes, on bunko night and it was my turn to bring food. I had it all planned out got things together early so someone else could take it and I could still enjoy the music. I would watch them play their music and then speed off just a little late to bunko. As most nights in our house things didn't go as planned! Mike was working on a friends car and we were losing track of time. David who loves his new found freedom of driving offered to get the kids to the school so they can be early for the performance. Great! Everything is actually working out right?
Not actually...as most things we plan something throws us for a loop. David did drive them to school but then he drove to wrestling practice at his school. I forgot about practice so after listening to the performance I was ready to leave. I called David on the phone and he couldn't figure out why I was panicking. (not to mention I fell up the stairs the way out) yes, double dork points for the day.Even with what seemed to be extra stressful the kids seemed very happy. Dad took them to the traditional ice cream treat after a school performance. So even with a few glitches all was well.Until the next morning when I was bringing some things back home for the scout trip that night. Alan met me at the car and showed me the difference between his wrist. The left one was double the size of the right one. So off to the doctor who said he didn't think it was anything more then a sprain because he had played at the band concert the night before without complaining. Well as a precaution we took him to get an x-ray (at Grandma Tams job). She pulled some strings and they read the x-ray for us while we were there. YES, a break right in the growth plate. He was splinted on Friday and got this groovy blue cast on Monday. No complaining from Alan though he got a milk shake on Friday with mom and a Keva Juice on Monday with Dad. Alone time and ice cream! What could be better?

2 comments:

  1. I knew you would make the best of a hectic day Dani!! I love you sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids are pretty impressed by the bright blue cast! I love the concert outfits. The kids look great. Life with a big family is sure busy, I totally agree that the best planning is never enough. There is always something....

    ReplyDelete

ROAD TRIP July 2009

Halloween 2009

Found an old picture of the kids in 2003. Thought it would be a fun way to see how much they've grown. Pretty soon I'll be lucky if they'll take a picture for me! 3 out of 5 pumpkins made it to the porch! David carved way too much and it sort of fell apart. (why it is on his head) Haley tripped on the front porch and the pumpkin flew to its end. While comforting Haley something happened to Reid's pumpkin and it ended up in 2 peices. We're just happy we got to carve pumpkins this year!

Disneyland 11/08

daisy path

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

map

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger