Washington DC-October 2012

 In October I was lucky enough to be able to attend the NARPM National Convention.  Mike was wonderful and held down the fort for the days I was in DC.  This was a dream trip for me and a place I have wanted to go since middle school.  While there we had a chance to do some sight seeing.
 The Washington Memorial above is not in the water although it looks like it.  We all decided that Hollywood is totally deceiving since it looked like Jenny ran through the water and the Washington Monument actually looks like it's in the middle of the lake.  It isn't but my picture looks like it too.  The picture was take from the stairs at the Lincoln Memorial. 

 Matt, Danielle, Porsche, Misty, me and Alex
 As we were walking past the White House we saw the first dog.  We didn't expect to have his keeper let him outside of the gates.  But he did and I got to pet him.  He is very soft and I'm sure he spends more on grooming than I do. 
 This is a picture right before I pet him and right before the officer ordered me to, "step away from the dog".  I didn't hear him the first time....my friends thought I was going to be arrested!  Did you know if you get arrested in DC it's a felony?  Well....I stepped away and didn't get arrested!
 

 
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier (did you know there are two)?  One older one further away from the Civil War

 Korean War Memorial
 I have had an Uncle who was a POW during WWII and a couple Uncles who served in the Korean War.  Being at all the War Memorials was amazing and so glad that I was able to see this one.


 During the tour of the Capital there was amazing history including this statue of President Reagan.  The little stones around the base are from the Berlin Wall.


Being at the Pentagon was surreal. When we came off the subway the police were there with fireman because there was a small fire.  There was a run that morning and tons of people around.  We were able to come up but they do not mess around with security.  Bomb sniffing dogs and officers with machine guns.  It was freaky but glad to know how quickly they sprung into action.  The benches at this 9/11 memorial was so big and peaceful. 
 Lovely memorial in memory of all the people of all ages lost.
 
So grateful that Mike was able to keep everyone on track while I was gone and have so much fun (I mean learning) with the group and with my roommate Misty.  We were the "boring" girls because we went to bed early every night while the others visited.  It was exactly what I needed to get a little break and appreciate my family when I got home. 
 
 


1 comment:

ROAD TRIP July 2009

Halloween 2009

Found an old picture of the kids in 2003. Thought it would be a fun way to see how much they've grown. Pretty soon I'll be lucky if they'll take a picture for me! 3 out of 5 pumpkins made it to the porch! David carved way too much and it sort of fell apart. (why it is on his head) Haley tripped on the front porch and the pumpkin flew to its end. While comforting Haley something happened to Reid's pumpkin and it ended up in 2 peices. We're just happy we got to carve pumpkins this year!

Disneyland 11/08

daisy path

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

map

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger