Christmas cooking

This year three of the kids had to take cookies to class before Christmas break. So Mike pulled out his moms recipe and started making dough. We had to do this two times because the first time cookies were made they all went to school. We made some on Christmas Eve and everyone got to decorate and actually eat some cookies.




























As we were coming to an end of the cookie mess Mike decided to give the kids a little competition. WHO CAN DECORATE THE BEST COOKIE? Knowing all of our kids this was a challenge. They are all competitive (wonder where they get that from) and did some creative decorating.










The cookies turned out great, we didn't save any for friends and neighbors but still working on that. We are hoping to make something yummy for New Years Eve.









This is a picture of me making the traditional Christmas Eve dinner of cannelloni, although the family claims I only make it once a year. Good news is I didn't forget to add the water this time. Mike decided to take a picture. NOT my favorite thing and it is amazing that it even made it to the computer let a lone the blog. But figured even though I was in charming attire with no make up on, someday this may be my good picture. :-(

5 comments:

  1. I think you look cute! Great smile!!! The cookies look yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Maybe your pic made it to the blg cause Mikey took it and you two are sooo 'in love' hehe Save us some cookies Dani!! ♥ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, where are my cookies-JK! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, canneloni. That sounds good. I am looking for something else to make for Christmas dinner because we never really look forward to the turkey and ham. I like the picture of you, and someday you will be glad that your hubby took some. We hardly have any pictures of my Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a fun Christmas. I always have a blast making cookies with the kids. It's great when they get competitive like that, cause then you get the rewards of some great looking treats!

    ReplyDelete

ROAD TRIP July 2009

Halloween 2009

Found an old picture of the kids in 2003. Thought it would be a fun way to see how much they've grown. Pretty soon I'll be lucky if they'll take a picture for me! 3 out of 5 pumpkins made it to the porch! David carved way too much and it sort of fell apart. (why it is on his head) Haley tripped on the front porch and the pumpkin flew to its end. While comforting Haley something happened to Reid's pumpkin and it ended up in 2 peices. We're just happy we got to carve pumpkins this year!

Disneyland 11/08

daisy path

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

map

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger