
For my birthday Mike did a wonderful thing. He took all of us to dinner at PF Changs. He was sure it would cause us to have to take a second mortgage on the house but it really wasn't that bad. We went to this same PF Changs five years ago on my birthday and the kids have never let us forget they didn't get to go. So this time the kids and dad got to go with us. Dad coming with us was a huge deal to me because my dad doesn't usually go out to eat at restaurants.

When we got home there was a mint chocolate cake and peppermint icecream. The icecream comes out this time of year and my mom use to tell me that it came out for my birthday. Not sure why I believed that as a child but it was a good story.
The kids all made me presents and had great notes with the gifts. The best gift was having them all go to dinner and the looks on their faces when I opened what they so carefully wrapped either in Christmas paper or construction paper. We recently got a king size bed so my big present was a new comforter set. If anyone knows me matching is HUGE for me. Plus I've had my eye on this set for a while. It looks great in our room and adds the right colors to the mocha walls. This has got to be one of the best birthdays ever. Thanks to all the friends that remembered and to my family for making it such a special day!













Glad your birthday was a good one Dani!! YOu deserve to be treated like a queen! That cake looks so good and I already know the ice-cream tastes great. Love the comforter. Oh yes...I know matching is a 'must' for you! They did good this year!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! The bedding set is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love that bedding set! I am glad it was such a wonderful birthday. You and I will have to escape to PF Changs for a girls' night sometime, it's my favorite too (and we NEVER go with everyone either!).
ReplyDelete