who needs enemies? There aren't many things that scare me but there is one fear that my friends think is funny. A few years ago at work we had a mouse problem. I didn't want to see the little creatures dead or alive. One day there was a mouse in the trap and I yelled. My boss proceeded to pick it up and try to get me to hold it. I yelled so loud that the Insurance guy from the office next to ours came over. He thought someone might be getting attacked.With my job unfortunately I come across mice. I've almost crawled up a Colorado Springs Utility man when we were in a furnace room. Broke out into a sweat while in a house that was infested with them and had dead mice about every 2 ft. (seriously, it was like an Alfred Hitchcock movie). Just not my favorite thing.
My co-workers (currently lost the status as friends) love to put fake mice in my chair, coat pocket and different places I may find them. This hasn't happened for over a year. Almost forgot this was even an issue. Until today everyone was walking past my desk and kept talking to me. One "friend" even was on her hands and knees looking under my desk. She picked up a pen that I had dropped. Thought....wow that was nice of her! YEAH RIGHT! 

As I'm shoveling through some paperwork and I see a fuzzy bottom in my purse. I screamed and then carefully pulled it out of my purse and threw it at the would be culprit. Everyone laughed and thought it was so funny. Come to find out it had been on my keyboard before. I was typing away and Teri was sure that I had dropped it on the floor and didn't notice it. (hence the picking up my pen)
This stupid thing even squeaks. Mike called just as I was figuring this all out and I told him to come kick their butts. He said sure, why? When I told him he started to laugh! So even though it wasn't funny to me everyone seemed to get a good laugh out of it. Just remember, payback is even better!











No comments:
Post a Comment