
We got a letter for a Eagle Scout Recognition dinner for the boys who have earned their Eagle in 2009. It was addressed to David and it was an invitation for dinner and a game at the Air Force Academy. He was excited and asked if I would finally sew his eagle patch on his shirt. Well with the many things we had planned yesterday I didn't get to sew his patch on. When I got home from a baby shower Mike and David were sitting at the dining room table. My first thought was....uh oh....what did David do. But as I got closer Mike was sewing the patch on and showing David how to do it. The pocket was sewed close but it was a great job!

David kept asking if he would have to get up in front of everyone. We weren't sure but of course they did. All the boys in a few different districts were there and were recognized. David was making jokes most of dinner entertaining our table. As other boys had their name called and walked by David gave them knuckles. Of course my camera wasn't fast enough no matter how many times I tried.

We didn't get any pictures of us with David at his actual court of honor. So we wanted to make sure we had some from last night. Still we didn't get any of David standing on his own by the flag. But a lot at the table (trying to get him to smile long enough for the picture to take)

Here are two of my boys posing, with Dad on his tip toes trying to stand taller then David. We are so proud of David and even more excited that he accomplished this at such a young age. Most of the boys at the dinner were in 18 and if not in college were in their senior year. One of the boys asked David where he graduated from and I said he was a sophomore. They were pretty shocked. But as most of the moms felt we had accomplished this with our boys. I know that even with my encouragement, if he didn't have the drive and leadership he has that he would not have finished! Great job David.....we love you!
Sounds like a good evening, and tell your husband way to go on sewing the patch on!!
ReplyDeleteWow! How cool is that?? Congratulations David! Way to go.
ReplyDelete