Reid and Mike went camping this weekend. This is called the freezoree for the boy scouts. This is the first year they've had it at the Air Force Academy since 9/11. They were lucky it wasn't negative temperatures but it still wasn't summer camping.
The boys in the troop have been working for a couple of months on their tank. They had to change it to a hummer since it there are no tanks in the AF.
The sled weighed about 150 lbs not including their equipment they had on it. Since it wasn't "freezing" there wasn't enough snow to make it easy to pull.

The boys worked together to pull it throughout the day and get to the different stations that they needed to be at.
They worked and pulled most of the day. Finally they figured out that as they got to each station they weren't checking the hummer and it wasn't being used. They decided to ditch the hummer and kept participating. They all had fun and came home hungry and smelly. But they did a great job and had wonderful team work!










I cannot conceive the idea that camping in snow is fun...but boys always seem to think so! I remember when my husband went with the boys he said, "I knew it was cold when I rolled over in the night and my pillow crunched!" Yep, that's what I'm sayin'!
ReplyDelete