I am feeling very lucky today. Michael and the kids did a great job of making today a memorable mothers day. The two little girls sang at church, it was so sweet to watch them and all the other little ones singing to their moms. The youth gave flowers away at church. Mike had roses and a certificate for a spa treatment "From Russia with Love". The kids made great cards, certificates, chocolate covered strawberries and a promise of no fighting. They did pretty good with at least being quiet about their disagreements.
A nap after church and a wonderful dinner of tri-tip with cheesecake for dessert made a great close to a great day. I'm thankful for all the effort my honey and babies made to make today better then the everyday chaos we go through. A special thank you for the little things definitely make it easier to freeze at all the sports, stay up late working on homework and waking up early to get kids to 6 am seminary. Although being a mother to five kids isn't easy, days like today sure make it worth it! I always tease that mothers day is before fathers day for a reason. Looks like this year I have a lot of creative thinking to do!
So to Mikey and the kids......Thank you for making today so awesome! Love you all
No comments:
Post a Comment