All in a days work

This is a picture of our old back porch steps. They are only 3 ft wide and have had a good life. They were wobbly and have been chewed on by the dog. This has been on the honey do list for a long time.

We had visions of making the steps larger or different sizes. When it came to the reality of it we were just happy to get new ones. After a few different drawings and removing the old steps, it was time to get to work.
Not that I did much but take pictures. It took longer then we thought it would but with the kids helping and a couple trips to Lowes we have new steps. They are so beautiful and I couldn't have asked for anything more. I was always worried that our guest would fall on the old steps. But with this new design if they fall it is not because the steps are rickety.

The dogs love it too. We do not knock them off the step as they're waiting to get inside and more then one person can actually walk out the door at the same time. I'm very grateful for the craftsman that I married. He does a wonderful job in all he builds and works hard to get the job done. Even if he is sore the next day. Great job Mikey!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like our steps---we need to replace them but I am hoping that we put it off long enough and maybe I can get a deck out of it. I doubt it but it is always worth dreaming. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Mike is such a handy guy. I also love the father's day post. What a great dad he is!

    ReplyDelete

ROAD TRIP July 2009

Halloween 2009

Found an old picture of the kids in 2003. Thought it would be a fun way to see how much they've grown. Pretty soon I'll be lucky if they'll take a picture for me! 3 out of 5 pumpkins made it to the porch! David carved way too much and it sort of fell apart. (why it is on his head) Haley tripped on the front porch and the pumpkin flew to its end. While comforting Haley something happened to Reid's pumpkin and it ended up in 2 peices. We're just happy we got to carve pumpkins this year!

Disneyland 11/08

daisy path

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

map

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger