For fathers day this year we didn't make a lot of plans. The week was a little chaotic and all dad kept saying was that he didn't want anything. Although for the last two months he has been playing with tools every time we walked through Lowes, Home Depot or Sears. He has wanted an impact driver for at least a year.
So Saturday morning the kids and I went out looking for a present and a card. Dad was exhausted from scout camp and got home showered and went to bed. So while he was napping we decided it was the perfect time to sneak out.
Besides the home made cards and the traditional, no fighting plea we went out to breakfast at Gunther Toodays. It was a wonderful breakfast and NO ONE was on a diet today. Last year dad was working and we took his presents to the restaurant. This year he wasn't working but we took them anyway.
Dad pulled out his shirts one by one. When he got to the bottom of the bag, I got this look. It was a half-you weren't suppose to buy anything and a really? But as you can see in the picture below the smile says it all. He was so excited and didn't even ask what it cost.
When he got home he opened his driver/drill set. I was sure he was going to start building something right there, but he looked at the pamphlet that came with the set. He started dreaming of all the other stuff that we could get him. Now I wonder where the kids get that from? After a fun filled day of homework dinner was enchiladas and cheesecake.
Over all a great day for one of the greatest dads I know. He truly loves each of the kids and is so much better then anyone I know at expressing that love. Something I am trying to learn from him is how even when the kids have done something wrong he can tell them he loves them. He is so great with each of the kids, and they all love him so much. Happy Fathers Day, Buddha!
Over all a great day for one of the greatest dads I know. He truly loves each of the kids and is so much better then anyone I know at expressing that love. Something I am trying to learn from him is how even when the kids have done something wrong he can tell them he loves them. He is so great with each of the kids, and they all love him so much. Happy Fathers Day, Buddha!










No comments:
Post a Comment