My Best Man

This weekend Mike was the best man at his friend Ted's wedding. We weren't sure if we would both be able to escape for the weekend but finally figured things out.Beside getting the kids and house prepared for us to be gone the interstate was closed and we were already running late on the trek to Ft. Collins. After some road changes and getting to the hotel we quickly changed and made it to the wedding 15 minutes before it was suppose to start.
Mike served in the Marines with Ted and they both have been with the same company for over 12 years, they have known each other for a long time. It was a backyard wedding in Ft. Collins and everything was perfect. The bride did a lot of the work herself and there were so many little details that made things so nice. Mike was so worried about me because I didn't know anyone and was so attentive. I told him to go tend to his "best man" duties but he was just perfect. Although Ted thought he was using Mike as his best man he truly ended up being mine.

The next morning we were able to wake up and go golfing. We haven't been real golfing yet this year. Just seems something always is more important then the time to golf. We both missed it so much and had a great time on a course that was way out of our league.
We finally told the guys we started to golf with to go ahead of us and they didn't have to wait. We had a lot more fun with just the two of us and even detoured off the course to find the balls we had hit wrong. I think that the sand was calling my name because every chance that I got my ball was in it.

Mike was robbed on this putt. It was a perfect shot and it just stopped right on the side of the hole. He had a wonderful boo boo lip on this one.

We've decided that we are leaving every weekend to get some quality time together. It was wonderful and although it is just a pipe dream to do it every weekend can't wait to do it again!

5 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! We need to get together (and I still need to blog...). You should join Facebook like your sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those kinds of getaways. And golfing....can't remember the last time we did that. I love to golf. Glad you had a nice time and hopefully all was well when you got home.

    We were heading south on I-25 when they were detouring everyone off the freeway. What a mess. Glad you made it on time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures you got of the two of you together. It is so important to have those weekends away, and you never realize how much until you get one! So glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend!! I heard about the accident that closed down the freeway, it was awful! Glad you made it there with plenty of time to spare! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you finally got to go and enjoy some time away (hopefully without worry!). Good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

ROAD TRIP July 2009

Halloween 2009

Found an old picture of the kids in 2003. Thought it would be a fun way to see how much they've grown. Pretty soon I'll be lucky if they'll take a picture for me! 3 out of 5 pumpkins made it to the porch! David carved way too much and it sort of fell apart. (why it is on his head) Haley tripped on the front porch and the pumpkin flew to its end. While comforting Haley something happened to Reid's pumpkin and it ended up in 2 peices. We're just happy we got to carve pumpkins this year!

Disneyland 11/08

daisy path

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

map

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger