It's official....

This morning was a little hectic. It is Laura's birthday and David had his drivers license test. David had an 8 am appointment and although dad had the day off I "had" to be there since I signed the permit paperwork. Not sure that is 100% true but who would've taken pictures? Thanks to some great neighbors who kept Haley for us we both got to be there.

I heard that you are suppose to make the appointments early because they book up fast. So about 3 months ago I called so we could get in on the one year anniversary of his permit. The DMV has some wonderful rules they have recently put in place. Must have permit for 1 full year before getting license. NO ONE in the car with you for the first 6 months unless they are a parent, over 21 yrs of age and held license for at least 1 year or are in your immediate family. After 6 months only 1 person under 21 that isn't family can be in the car with you. Great rules, so that parents aren't the "bad guys"

This was the lady giving David the test. He was happy to get her and she was really cool. When they came back in we didn't see them until she came out with another person. We looked at her and asked where David was? She said, he passed and is inside waiting to do paperwork, you were chatting so we didn't disturb you. (we were talking with another mother who was just as nervous as we were). Not sure if I was more excited or if he is. But this must be his excited face!He was so nervous before the test then I started snapping pictures. First he humored me with a half smile. I took pictures with my cell phone so I wouldn't embarrass him by pulling out the camera. (somehow think he was still embarrassed). By the time I took this last picture he looked at me then quickly turned. In this last picture, he was waiting to get his picture taken for his license.
David was able to drive to school today. He sent me a text when he got there and called when he got home. He is so excited and realizing what a privilege it is to drive. He said, that he feels like he now has so much responsibility. Some friends tried to get a ride home. David told them, NO WAY....I just got this privilege and I'm not going to lose it. Let's hope he keeps that smart thinking! Congratulations......David!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ROAD TRIP July 2009

Halloween 2009

Found an old picture of the kids in 2003. Thought it would be a fun way to see how much they've grown. Pretty soon I'll be lucky if they'll take a picture for me! 3 out of 5 pumpkins made it to the porch! David carved way too much and it sort of fell apart. (why it is on his head) Haley tripped on the front porch and the pumpkin flew to its end. While comforting Haley something happened to Reid's pumpkin and it ended up in 2 peices. We're just happy we got to carve pumpkins this year!

Disneyland 11/08

daisy path

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

map

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger