Yesterday Mike turned 37 years old so I am officially married to an older man for 11 days. It was a little hectic yesterday and as I was hoping Mike could have the perfect day. He in his "old" wisdom said, "life doesn't stop for birthdays". 
Like he does every year Mike starts pointing things out at Lowes or on TV as ideas of things that would be good for his birthday. He kept asking for a pancake compressor. What the heck was that? But I found one on sale and decided to hide it in my trunk until his birthday. Wouldn't you know it that while he was finishing some work in the basement his big compressor decided it wasn't going to work. So as Mike was getting read to leave for the store I broke down and he got his present a little early. What a deal it didn't even have to get wrapped.
Earlier in the week I asked Mike what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. A poppy seed cake and not a lemon one. I had never made one before and was hoping he was joking. But no he wasn't and we discovered you can buy poppy seed in the spice isle of Safeway. Fortunately the cake turned out really good and wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.











Looks like a fun celebration! We had poppy seed cake for our wedding cake, and it IS good! Hugs to your sweet man!
ReplyDeleteLife sure doesn't stop for your birthday, darn it all! But it looks like you guys did some great things to celebrate a fab dad and hubby! And the cake looks goo-ood!
ReplyDeleteSo, what is a pancake compressor? It sounds like something that should go in my kitchen!! Happy Birthday to your hubby!! The poppy seed cake looks good (I have a recipe for poppy seed chicken if you need something else to use the poppy seeds in)!!
ReplyDelete