Things have been so busy that I haven't had time to sit down and blog. I know Thanksgiving was a while ago but it was a wonderful day and didn't want to miss blogging about it. We had 27 people at our home for Thanksgiving 16 of them children. We had four tables and a lot of food.
Family from both sides came to spend time with us and even though there wasn't a lot of space to move at times it didn't feel crowded. The food was wonderful and the desserts were amazing. I went off tradition this year and attempted an oreo/cream cheese dessert. It was a hit with the kids. We are so grateful for family and the wonderful time we had with them this Thanksgiving.
Monday was Mikes birthday, Tuesday ym/yw, Wednesday wrestling and Thursday a band concert for Krystal. She wasn't happy that we only got one clear picture of her. But one great picture is better then a lot of blurry ones.
She is so well rounded and talented. It isn't always easy to balance her schedule but she is so organized and does a great job! Wednesday we were able to see David wrestle for the first time in high school. He was wrestling varsity and pinned his opponent. The sweetest part of this is the guy he pinned was a brother of two girls I have coached before. Although his old HS won the match it didn't matter.

These pictures are of Saturdays competition up in Denver. I won't post the pictures of David in his singlet. But he was also able to wrestle varsity for a tournament that included 9 schools. David wrestled the incredible hulk first and was pinned. Seriously this kid was either 21 or on steroids. David did end up with third place in the tournament after pinning his last opponent. It was a long day but well worth it to see David up on the podium.

Weeks are busy in our home and most nights we have multiple obligations. But the moments like these make everything worth it. We are so proud of the kids and the wonderful accomplishments.











Sounds like our house....so busy I can't think straight sometimes!
ReplyDelete