I haven't posted for over a month. Things seem to be too busy to blog, sometimes. I couldn't let time pass without documenting some of the great things the kids have accomplished in recent weeks.
Alan and Laura had a band concert. Although it seemed like a few days before they had their last concert it was a few weeks and they sounded amazing! I still love when they play the National Anthem. What a beautiful song. Even better when your babies are playing it.A few days later Krystal had her concert. I know it wasn't an easy decision. She had three things scheduled for the same day. She chose to go the concert and miss her cheer leading banquet. As soon as she performed it was a race to the church for New Begginings.
In March our ward had a talent show. The young women came out as if they were going to do a ballet. Then Elder Naelu came out in a pink shirt and starting shouting. They all broke out into the haka. It was so cute and they did an amazing job.
Alan had a saxophone trio at the talent show. He forgot his sax at school so we weren't sure if he would play. Brother Mc Conkie was amazing and found him one in time for one more practice and to perform. It was great and although it is his first year playing he did great.
David is the drummer in this picture. Remember that drum set he got for his 16th birthday? Well, he was asked about 3 weeks ago to help a band out from school. They lost their drummer and had a concert on March 12. It's hard to see with the fog machine but they did a great job especially for their first performance.
When Brother Houser asked, if the Cokes would be in the talent show? My first answer was, we don't have talent. Apparently I was wrong....the house is full of talent. Just not mom! So glad the kids all have musical ability and are so great at what they do.















Fun and busy times! I saw David at Play it Now Sports a few weeks ago. I went to get Wesley's game schedule after taking James to his baseball practice and David was there for a practice of some sort. I looked at him a few times to make sure it was him and I think he thought I might be weird (or maybe he thought he knew me, too...). We should get together some time now that I live back in the Springs - at least for a little bit.
ReplyDeleteThose are sure some talented kids! Adam said the haka at the talent show was awesome, and that Reed did a great job too. I got the play by play from everyone :). Life is sure busy with 5 kiddos, isn't it?!
ReplyDelete