Rampart vs Gateway 9.2.11

RAMS as the National Anthem is being performed.
This last weekend David started his final season of football. He has a new number 79 and is one of the biggest guys on the team.  David sprained his ankle a week and a half before the first game.
 I was so upset he wasn’t able to practice and he was upset that he wouldn’t be able to start.


He was put on the injured list and lost his position. Two days before the first game he was able to return to regular practice. We weren’t sure that he would be able to play since he hasn’t been “practicing” like the other boys on the team. So on Friday the family packed up and went to the stadium to watch the game.  The team was winning 20-7 when the game got called for lightening in the 3rd quarter. David wasn’t in yet but it was still worth watching him on the sidelines and run through the banner with his team as they were introduced.



 Lining up (on the end w/ blue sleeves)
Saturday at noon the game was continued and this time he was able to play. David played guard (his usual position) and tight end. He did an amazing job and the team even had an interception with 4 seconds left in the game the refs called it back for the RAMS holding in the backfield. The final score was 20-9. AMAZING!!!! I was so proud of David and the team. The guys did a great job. We also found out that David’s coach is the son of one of my dear friends. When I saw Jerry after the game I asked what he was doing there. He asked me the same question. I said….my boys playing! He said, well my boys coaching! What a small world.

When I wanted to go to the Doherty game later Saturday night, Mikey told me that I was a football fanatic. I didn’t go but today realize he is probably right. David hurt his thumb at practice Tuesday night. When he came home his hand and thumb were huge. He soaked it and took ibuprofen. He had finished practice Tuesday night so it couldn’t be too bad, right? Well I got a call from the trainer on Wednesday and he said that he thinks David’s thumb is fractured and we needed to get him to the doctor. This morning we went to the doctor and sent for x-rays. The great news is his thumb isn’t fractured. The bad news is before we knew what was going on the Dr. said that David wouldn’t be able to play. Instantly I was light headed and felt like passing out. It was almost like someone had turned the lights off and turned the heat way up. Apparently it scared Dr. Lawson and David enough that I ended up on the table and the doctor wouldn’t even let me sit up. The thought of losing this season after all the time, effort and money freaked me out! So Mikey….I know this doesn’t happen often but I think you were right. It was either a hot flash or I’m a football fanatic! I’ll go with the latter!



                                              

Final score 20-9 RAMS! Here's to a great season!


1 comment:

  1. Go Rampart! I am so glad David's finger isn't fractured. I hope he heals quickly and can get back on the field so his football fanatic mama can enjoy the season! :)

    ReplyDelete

ROAD TRIP July 2009

Halloween 2009

Found an old picture of the kids in 2003. Thought it would be a fun way to see how much they've grown. Pretty soon I'll be lucky if they'll take a picture for me! 3 out of 5 pumpkins made it to the porch! David carved way too much and it sort of fell apart. (why it is on his head) Haley tripped on the front porch and the pumpkin flew to its end. While comforting Haley something happened to Reid's pumpkin and it ended up in 2 peices. We're just happy we got to carve pumpkins this year!

Disneyland 11/08

daisy path

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

map

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger